The third President of the Republic of Indonesia, Jusuf Habibie Bacharuddin born in Pare-Pare, South Sulawesi, on June 25, 1936. He was the fourth child of eight siblings, spouse Alwi Abdul Jalil Habibie and RA. Tuti Marini Puspowardojo. Habibie, who is married to Hasri Ainun Habibie on May 12, 1962 was blessed with two sons namely Ilham Akbar and Thareq Kemal.
Habibie passed his childhood with his brothers in Pare-Pare, South Sulawesi. The nature firmly adhered to the principle has been demonstrated Habibie since childhood. Habibie, who had a penchant for riding a horse, had to lose his father, who died on 3 September 1950 due to a heart attack. Shortly after his father died, Habibie moved to London to study at Gouvernments Middlebare School. In high school, he began to look outstanding achievements, especially in the exact sciences lessons. Habibie a favorite figure in the school.
After graduating high school in Bandung in 1954, he entered the University of Indonesia in Bandung (ITB Now). He received his Diploma from the Technische Hochschule, Germany in 1960 and then getting gekar Doctorate from the same place in 1965. Habibie was married in 1962, and had two children. 1967, to honor Professor (Professor) at the Institute of Technology Bandung.
Steps Habibie much admired, full of controversy, a lot of admirers but not a few who did not agree with him. Each time, the winner of the prestigious Theodore van Karman Award, is back from the "habitat" of the Germans, he was always in the news. Habibie just a year studying at ITB Bandung, 10 years of college until my doctorate aircraft construction in Germany with honors Summa Cum laude. Then work in the aircraft industry leading MBB Gmbh Germany, prior to the call of President Soeharto to return to Indonesia.
In Indonesia, Habibie 20 years as Minister of State for Research and Technology / Chief BPPT, leading the 10 companies owned strategic industries, selected MPR became Vice President, and was sworn in by the Chief Justice to replace President Soeharto. Suharto handed the presidency to Habibie under Article 8 of the 1945 Constitution. Until finally forced Habibie also resigned due to referendum East Timor voted for independence. MPR his accountability speech was rejected. He went back to ordinary citizens, restored live migrated to Germany.
Most of his work in calculating and designing several aircraft manufacturing project:
* VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing) DO-31 Transport Aircraft.
* Military Transport Aircraft Transall C-130.
* Hansa Jet 320 (Executive Aircraft).
* Airbus A-300 (for 300 people)
* CN - 235
* And indirectly participated in the count and design:
· BO-105 helicopter.
· Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MRCA).
· Some projects missiles and satellites.
Some Signs Service / honors:
* 1976 - 1998 Director of PT. Nusantara Aircraft Industry / IPTN.
* 1978 - 1998 Ministry of Research and Technology of the Republic of Indonesia.
* Chairman of the Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology / BPPT
* 1978 - 1998 Director of PT. PAL Indonesia (Persero).
* 1978 - 1998 Chairman of the Industrial Development Authority Batam Island / Opdip Batam.
* 1980 - 1998 Chairman of the Defense and Security Industry Development (Presidential Decree. 40, 1980)
* 1983 - 1998 Director, PT Pindad (Limited).
* 1988 - 1998 Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees Strategic Industries.
* 1989 - 1998 Chairman of the Management Board Strategic Industries / BPIS.
* 1990 - 1998 Chairman of the Association of Muslim Scholars se-lndonesia/lCMI.
* 1993 Daily Presidium Coordinator, Board of Trustees of Golkar.
* March 10-May 20 1998 Vice President of the Republic of Indonesia
* May 21, 1998 - October 1999 the President of the Republic of Indonesia